VISITING OUR PAST
Reflections from Yesteryear
Check out our Cabin Property History "work in progress"!
By, Earl Goeltz*, 1984
"Our family has been spending summers at Diamond Lake since 1911. We stopped many times at the old Grand View Store - Wallin Bros. & Habilt; from there we would rent a horse from Jack Sayles and take a buggy ride to Diamond Lake or to Porcupine Lake area and walk from there.
Sometimes we would pump an old hand car up the railroad right-of-way along Twenty Mile Creek to Wisco and from there would walk over to Coffee Lake. We knew most of the good people working at the roundhouse and the Wisco area. Many Grand View people used to stop at our Goeltz Hotel in Ashland, when in town."
READ OTHER REFLECTIONS FROM YESTERYEAR
Ancient Spear Found on Diamond Lake, By Anne Cogswell
A History of Diamond Lake Cable Wisconsin, Booklet by Diamond Lakers, Inc. 1990
The Property of Harris and Frances Palmer, By Cary (Frosty) Palmer
The Year was 1949, By Ron Parker
History of Diamond Lake, By Marge Homer**
Nettie Fox, By Marge Homer (with addition by Gladys Heppard)
Margaret and Arthur Hartman, By Marge Homer
John and Lillian Witt, By Gladys Heppard
Jim and Marg Fibert, By Marg Fibert
Cindy and the White Towel By, Mary ('Cindy') Goeltz Palmer
* Earl Goeltz has a cabin on the Northern shore of Diamond Lake. His sister, Mary (Cindy) Palmer, is a full-time resident on Twin Pines Lane.
** Marge Homer was the mother of our current Diamond Lake residents: Diane Klump and Jessie Meschievitz.
Earl Goeltz's sister-in-law holding baby Kate on the sandy beach that no longer exists on the Northern shoreline of Diamond Lake.
Pictures from the 1930's gifted to Bob and Pam Jacobel from the original Johnson family on Twin Pines Lane.
Earl and Margaret Goeltz